So I recently upgraded to the new iPhone 3GS since my two year contract with AT&T was up. I had the original iPhone and I have loved it, so it was a no brainer for me to upgrade to the new one. Now first off, let me say that I’m not an apple fan boy so please don’t turn my comments in to how much apple sucks and that I’m just an apple fan boy and that’s the only reason I like the iPhone. Because I don’t even own anything else apple besides the iPhone, I’m a PC! 😛
Anyways, it really is a great phone and I’m enjoying it so much. One of the biggest reasons I decided to upgrade to the 3GS is because I was still on the edge network (super slow) and also I do a ton of video recording and use a flip ultra cause of it being so small and lightweight. The new iphone 3GS does video and the quality of it seems just as good as the flip ultra, so that’s a huge plus for me! One less thing to carry…
Anyways, so I’m not really writing this post to sell the iPhone, but you should check it out! I’m actually writing it because I thought I’d share some of my favorite apps that I found, some are only for the new iphone, some can be used on any of them!
If you have any favorite apps that you can’t live with, I’d love to hear about them in the comments! I’m always looking for new apps and honestly apples app store kinda sucks at showcasing good apps! They are in no particular order!
- ColorSplash – Price $1.99 – This app allows you to take any picture in your library and make a certain part of it black and white or color. So you could have the background and everything in black and white and then the main object in color or vice versa. That’s all it does, but it can make for some great shots and really can spice up a boring image.
- PocketGod – Price $0.99 – This app is like a mini game. The cool thing about it though is that the developer released small updates constantly which adds new aspects to the game each time. Basically you have some little islanders that your the god over and you can make good or bad things happen to them. When the developer releases an update it allows you to do something new to them!
- TapDefense – Price Free – This is your basic tower defense game that most of you may have played online. It’s free and is pretty good, there are some paid ones on the app store, but I think this one does a great job and it’s free! Can’t beat that!
- Zenonia – Price $2.99 – This is a game that is kinda like Zelda (the old snes one) but it’s also like an rpg in the fact that you can level up and get new skills, magic, etc. It’s a really cool game and it works great on the iphone. If you’re into rpgs you definitely need to check this one out, it’s definitely one of the best on the iPhone.
- Waze – Price Free – This is a GPS unit for the iPhone and the great thing about it, is that it’s 100% free. Also, the maps and everything are user generated. It also adds a social aspect to the gps as well, it allows users to report traffic conditions, accidents, police, speedtraps, etc. It’s a really neat concept, however, there is one downside to it. If enough people don’t use it, it kinda sucks! So you definitely need to check out this app and use it!
Anyways, so that’s a couple of my favorite apps, I’d love to hear some of the ones other iPhone users are using on their phones! Post them in the comments below!